>

MARY PALERMO

SongSoptok | 4/15/2016 |



THOSE KINDLY YEARS

Those kindly years have come and gone
Just seeming to drift away
Those established truths, those friends of young
Those dreams that longed to stay

Where daffodils and evening chills
Flipped like pages within a book
Slow and onward steady
Like the fleeting of lingering look

Then time just seems to spins
Rotating wildly to a tune
Like a stranger masquerading within
Now tomorrow grows painfully soon

So with feeble steps as those years grow near
I write and pen my thoughts
Of emotions, and potions of bygone days
Capturing diamonds that I’ve been taught?







MY ENDLESS LOVE

My joy, my heart, my endless love
My sweet caress, my song from above
The hills of home where meadows bloom
As a bluebird sings his thoughtful tune

I drink in the wine of this restful day
Where daffodils roam and dogwoods stay
Wildflowers singing carols in the air
On pastures rolling so gentle and fair

A fragrant nudge sends up thoughtful eyes
On a journey amid the country skies
A trip where tenderness treads so dear
As skirts do billow in the sunny cheer

Alone my heart calls out for you
A tender grief that shines so true
Where words blind as the angels sing
A paradise of memories that always cling

Dreamy shadows of lasting care
Where trust do meet and always share
My sweet caress, my song from above
My eternal joy, my endless love







MY TODAY LAST FOREVER

Today may the sunshine gently caress your face
As you sit by garden wall
Warming your heart with gladness
That beacons as I call

Today may rose petals gently scent the air
Filling you with fond embrace
Stirring dreams of me
How it felt as I kissed your face

Today let a gentle breeze comfort as it blows
When you think of me
Calming as it touches
Heart soothed as it’s freed

Today let a river of crystal clear
Rise up like simmered glass
Reflecting while it reminds you
Of our love growing as it last

Today let a bird overhead
Fly about in brilliant skies
Chirping as he sweetly soars
Stretching as it makes you sigh

Tonight let memories last forever
As moonbeams come in sight
Memories of sandy beaches
As our love flows out in the night

Forever together….


[MARY PALERMO]


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.