>

SIMRAN ARORA

SongSoptok | 4/15/2016 |




LOST

I am lost,
Like ash in fire.
I am lost,
Like thread in the sky.
I am lost,
Like brown in black.
I am lost,
Like another person in the crowd.







FADING EMPTINESS


Voices that echo
Sound so hard
To my ears.

Shouting out aloud
Are my fears.

The fears, that have been hidden
Back behind the curtain,
Somewhere aside,
I want to pull the curtain across,
Freeing my soul's doubts,
Biding a goodbye to the stressing fears,
Opening a new world.

Across the royale wall I pull the curtain,
And look through the window,
Unstirred and unchanged,
I shut my eyes softly,
And my glossy lips turn into a smile,
A smile, a wide one.

I can feel the air that had been detained earlier,
I could feel all that I missed,
The breeze of coldness
Yet sweetness that kissed me,
The beautiful breeze wandered in and out of the room,
Vanishing the scent of loneliness
And emptiness.






A QUESTION MARK


The dew drops of your eyes
Falling upon your ballooned cheeks,
Reddening of your eyes and nose
In fury, and dismay.

You look at me in discontentment
And raise your brows questioning
The pace of the fleeting moment
And my upsetting behaviour.

One year and 26 days have gone by
Yet these two eyes look at me
With the same fondness and care
But today I feel rather different

A question mark is in scene,
An abyss in between,
And an anticipated separation, foreseen.




[SIMRAN ARORA]

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.