>

MICHAEL MILLER

SongSoptok | 1/15/2016 |





THE NATURAL MAN

Tomorrow I’ll awake and slip into my threads
the epiphanies of tonight I’ll probably lose
that train of thought a garden of delight
but the problems of tomorrow life will choose

I’ll have made my decisions life to change
like those who swear off a habits lent
but when I awake the flesh will rule
and for its desire time will be spent

I can tie my shoes not even thinking
the customs of my fathers not forget
every path of life is set before us
but living without reasoning I’ll regret

If I do not reflect upon all history
or upon the strand of life I live
I’m doomed to failure of its mystery
if attention to its standards I not give

But so embedded in my body its demands
that wars with my minds intelligence
though I know of carnality’s commands
my will power will make light of its pretense

So only of my own needs will I seek
I’ll not consider your life or your duress
for I only look upon the man in mirror
and of all its lies I’ll not confess

My focus will be only what I can see
its mind not be shaped by what I do
for the spirit belonging to the carnal man
will never seek or rely upon what’s true

I will flatter myself and you with praise
I’ll not recognize how insipid its emptiness
unfortunately I’ll prattle on its savor
or to fill what is empty I’ll not address

With assertions of the common beliefs invoke
for upon my peers I lavish jest
what’s intricate has likely suffered broke
for this is why you’ll never see my best

I plan to fill my life with pleasures song
for the universe cares not about my grave
there is no such thing as right or wrong
so with merriment I choose my road to pave

Alas my self centered mind I’ll not dispense
the struggle of its strife too hard to fight
I have no shield for all my lacks defense
in all of this I’ve failed my own insight

I will speak to you as though I really care
but you know in truth not a dime I’ll spend
because of course all know life’s not fair
like all actors only my role will I defend

So there you have it a nutshell
If I do any good at all I’ll want its praise
for I have set to establish my own glory
and to be written on your memory my days

COPYRIGHT © 2012 C. Michael Miller

______________________________________________________



ENTRAPMENT

I am dressed in Scarlet , upon my head a crown

parade myself like royalty        in an embroidered gown

but my insides are hollow     am emptiness within

my bones are dry and broken          in my leathered skin



I proclaim my virtue                   but I wear disguise

clothed myself with rainbows     to cover all the lies

with flattery I bait you               lead you to my bed

but I carry poison               which will make you dead



My movements are graceful     lead you to my door

smoothly enticing         I have done this              many times before

I coil myself around you             a tightening embrace

my ropes are entrapment          until you are debased



Millennia’s of practice         my roles to take you in

I prey upon your weakness                   the foolishness of Men

dress myself in beauty       upon my face a smile

every desire targeted                           till I you beguile



I will take your money         but aim to take your dreams

will keep your mind distracted           off more exalted things

the inexperienced one captive       I hold his members tight

he only thinks of pleasures                             not of wrong or right



Avowed is my profession       I know the one I serve

my profits world famous                  exceeded the learning curve

I walk the streets openly          every lust is my delight

its ideology pervasive     billboarded like an invite



The small and great have entered    my merchandise is wealth

polluted mind and body      its promiscuity as health

I’ve teased every desire              anticipated with bated breath

hidden traps in darkness      my intent is death



I have dominated mankind             for countless century

bent him to his hubris        and stroked his vanity

methods that are devious             I lead him with deceit

against my machinations                    his fortress is incomplete



My reigns have controlled man         a saddle on his back

barely more than animals                                      for the sentience they lack

minds meant to soar like galaxies     but I have cast them down

undermined his intelligence                  stolen his rightful crown



I lead him to a mirror          his reflection is all he sees

but I am not transparent                when I bring him to his knees

highly am I exalted         Mans religion is my game

philosophy controls his heart         and what he wants is fame



Those who know the truth                   avoid me on the street

understand that I am fatal         once ingested means defeat

be aware of your opponent               and every trap that’s laid

if you have not comprehension                                       Your life the price that’s paid



COPYRIGHT © 2011 C Michael Miller

__________________________________________________________



BARD

Oh my friend you sing tonight
to some soul have brought delight
some empty night you may have filled
with happiness the world has killed

to entertain you’ve taken part
and hoped to lift a heavy heart
but if you hope their heart to lift
priceless truth the only gift

Master musician a story you tell
understanding lies within your spell
weaving the listening upon the ears
the sorrow of their own life’s fears

You know not all is as it seems
the world imparts it’s own dreams
into your well you have dipped
upon it’s wine have listeners sipped

music vibrates it’s chords upon the soul
can tear it apart or help make whole
the message that you choose to give
can impart death or light to live

Commune with God upon your bed
the tenderness of love don’t leave unsaid
with seduction to gain worldly treasure
and lure mankind to lesser creature

Things you hold within your hands
with instruments tones and word understands
a piper who leads minds on a passage
what should be the call of the message

With the song of the Bard is God concerned
where it leads and what teaching is learned
harken to you do the children of youth
be careful to impart only the truth

[COPYRIGHT © 2009 C MICHAEL MILLER

VIA DUBOFF LAW GROUP LLC]

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.