>

KINGA FABO

SongSoptok | 4/10/2015 |




CANCER

Soul would perish or body?
Or both simultaneously?
Or would two different deaths
come separately and catch?

I thought to myself it shouldn’t.
It should send no warning signs.
Let it yet remain a secret.
Let it remain outside.

It has occupied my ego.
I can see out no more.
No secret, it doesn’t know.
Why should it from me withhold?

Will I die? Won’t I die?
I am dying but still alive.
I thought it would percieve me.
I thought it would have an insight.

Have I died? Am I dying?
Should I myself decide?
I thought it would listen to me.
I thought it would send warning signs.

It could do so -- I’ve got four ears.
Four, just like a prime-androgyne.
When four ears prick themselves,
there will happen no tragedy.

( Translated by Katalin N. Ullrich)
© Kinga Fabó


SOUL I'VE BEEN SEEKING SO LONG...

Soul I’ve been seeking so long,
of whom I’ve been writing so oft,
who I’ve called so much,
are you nowhere, in no one?

You’re here in me, but misplaced.
From your hiding place you pour
all those self-begetting cells.
So that I’d find you nowhere-

You, who don’t exist at all,
send me a sign, one and no more.
If I still live on – let me know.

The nucleus might also think
the soul has ejected it
from itself – had too much of me.

(TRANSLATED BY  KATALIN N. ULLRICH)

[KINGA FABO]



Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.