>

SHEENA M. ANNIS

SongSoptok | 4/15/2016 |



WON'T SOMEONE LOVE ME?

A friend and I went to a bird
rescue place one weekend.
She was looking for a bird ...
and I just tagged along.

I walked around, talking to
the bird's and when I was
done, I was standing in
the doorway waiting.

Through my peripheral
vision I seen something
moving towards me and
was wondering what to do.

Maybe she wanted to bite
me or something so I tried
not to be alarmed and watched
her slowly walking down her
branch to me.

When she was just inches
away from me, I turned to
look at her.

Something in
her eyes grabbed me and
leaning in to me, she bent
her head to be scratched.

I was automatically in love
with her. Unfortunately her
former own had abused her
and because of her injuries,
she would never be adopted.

She would need medical care
the rest of her lives. She had
plucked out all of the feather's
that she could reach. The only
ones left were on her head.

This special little bird buddy of
mine will never be forgotten. I
think of her often and will
always love her.







ABANDONMENT

They found her in her rocking chair,
where she spent most of her day,
no one knew how long she
had been
there, no one was aware.
With a blanket, spread across her
lap, the dog laying down at her feet,
the cat was bundled on her chest,
as it too, left for it's eternal rest.

How many days had she sat that
way, wondering if anyone would
come to visit her that day.

Of course, company she would
never get, wanting to deal with
this elderly woman, to know one
did it seem to fret.

In her eyes was the shell of
loneliness, as she waited all
these days,her, would anyone
miss?

I looked at her wondering, what
kind of life had she had, when
in here eyes there was a light.

Was she ever loved by one?
When was the last day that
she had some fun?

Who was it that left this old
lady alone? These type of
people in my life, I will not
condone.


[SHEENA M. ANNIS]


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.