>

KHAN HASNAIN AAQIB

SongSoptok | 6/15/2015 |



I DIDN’T FIT IN THE FRAME
It was your family photo, my dear
That sought me to be very near.
In fact, it was you who insisted
Me to be in blue and red.

But what occurred exactly, I don’t know
The lense of the camera didn’t throw
Light on my candid face
So I couldn’t find my own trace.

It looked as if I peeped inside
Without taking anything in my stride.
Very high was the wall on your side
And I had a base, already wide.

Although myriad things were the same
Somehow, I didn’t fit in the frame
Of your family photo
So I let everything go.

Ambiguous characters the portrait had in your frame
That were lusty and did focus only the name
A big difference there was
In preferences, values and ideas.


HOW MANY  IRAQS?
It took me two years to build my home
Of five rooms, with no tower and no dome.
With all my resources and labour spent,
In due course, my back had got a little bent.
How difficult it seems, I simply thought
To erect a structure on a barren plot !
Construction isn’t so easy, as they say
“Rome wasn’t built in a single day”.
But  destruction takes not more than a minute
And the earth gets ugly, wounded, bit by bit.
This red substance Is pure human blood
Which flows tide after tide, like a Tsunami flood.
These millions who die, aren’t any rulers
Then why they are targetted by merciless killers?
And to bring down so called despotic rules,
Is it fair to destruct hospitals, homes and schools?
With thousands stuffed dead in each building,
The songs of victory, how can any one sing?
Such war is a fight, which looks so wild,
Between a professional wrestler and a feeble child.
It is the debris of humanity, Uncle, and its values
On which you stand, proudly buckling your shoes.

Just be brave and focus at your home,
It needs  you more than to roam
In places, thousands of miles away.
Let you, and let me, let us to god pray
Same beautiful, lets make our planet earth
As it was at the time of its birth..

THE EXPANSIONIST COLUMBUS !
Khan Hasnain Aaqib
Is it the same land that Columbus discovered?
Then Columbus is still alive, I have heard.
And lo, to what limit has grown his appetite !
That he fights with those, who do not wish to fight.
Is it a crusade, or a deadliest simple war,
To grab fuel for driving his lusty car?
The appetite of Columbus seems funded by mystery
This fact no one can forget, not even history.
But Columbus must have a mind of his own
Otherwise, how long does a boat take to drown?
He has grown into an expansionist
And his hopes are just fog and mist.
He is deceiving, of course, he is deceiving
His own people, thinking himself a democratic king.
Can we imagine, the fire that we lit,l
Won’t return a spark or a flame out of it?
He thinks the fire he lit on a remote land
In mountains, plains or Syrian sand,
Would keep him out of the whole fuss
His role, no one, nowhere would discuss.
But it is the nature’s simple doctrine
Every act wins a reward, a feat or a sin.
So, my dear expansionist Columbus, listen to me
If you can, with your own eyes, see,
Do it in present, if you haven’t got Alzhiemer
Future will turn you into past, on is its timer.


[KHAN HASNAIN AAQIB]





Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.