>

SILAS ABAYOMI

SongSoptok | 2/15/2016 |




A PLEDGE TO RESIST HER LUST.

My eyes I close to
avoid her seduction,
her rolling eyes
I vowed not to give
a second look;
her squints and
undertones,
always I refuse,
temptation from her
apple-shaped-breasts
I keep resisting.

Her un-solicited smiles
I determined not to
return;
and not to open
mind-door anytime
she wants to enter.

My pledge,
never shall I accommodate
her sensuous rendition,
anytime her gramophone
plays on.

My ears I shall block to
her sybaritic whispers, and
my fingers I will keep at bay
to prevent fire of passion.





Lips I will seal
so that hydrostat does
not become wet;
my legs I will make run
like cheetah,
anytime I walk pass her
abode.

Her hidden bait-sweet and
smooth talk-
never will it persuade or
enthrall me,
neither will her laughter
captivate nor sweep off my
feet.

Her come-hither tone,
I will stay at a distance
not to recognize, and
her friends of same trade,
I will avoid like a plague.

My feet I will bridle
from going near her
courtyard;
nothing-no matter-
how little,
I will have to do
with her or her companion.

Fortification I shall build
around my courtyard to
keep her from me.



This is my pledge,
a solemn promise,
a vow I’m bound to
keep,
a commitment
I’m bound to honor.

[SILAS ABAYOMI]

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.