>

DAVE HILL.

SongSoptok | 10/10/2014 |
          INSIDE AND OTHER POEMS


Inside
Inside

That's where I am.

My venom is fear and you have been bitten.

You cannot run from your mind.

Inside

Your head is a nice place for me to create false evidence and destroy you confidence.

Your still running.

I'm walking.

Inside

In your room alone now you cant get me out,your damaged for good.

I'm patient.

You have fallen.

Inside

Sleep offers you some slight relief from the trauma and guilt I cause you daily.

Take the pills.

I stop.

Inside

Your awake but you can't move they are trying to keep your soul from me.

The line goes flat.

I'm outside.

© Dave Hill 2014
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The rage patient
Theres a guy on this ward his name is lee,
He looks really mean,not my cup of tea,

Last night he started screaming and kicking all the doors,
The emotion doesnt drip from him it floods and it pours,

Hes someone who needs controling and the nurses regualaly sedate,
Its easy to judge lee,but I stop think and wait,

We all have a lee inside of us he just stays in the back of our mind,
I have taken the time to speak to him and be kind,

Lee had a best friend who he watched get beaten to death,
He struggled to tell me this with shortness of breath,

I tell him I understand and thank him for sharing,
I'm not one to judge but I am big on caring,

The way he acts is all based on pain,
He is a victin in my eyes and that he will remain....
 © Dave Hill 2014
 Isolate
A spark busts out from a dying heart,
Love that lasts but only at the start,
Suffocated by loneliness and rage,
Things should get better not worse with age,
Living like a dead spirit amongst ungrateful souls,
Not fitting in or trading places but knowing roles,
The form of protection offered is respect,
In this world though what does a man expect,
Evil people dwell and are not told or judged,
Good people exist only in fiction..........







Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.