>

MARY L. PALERMO

SongSoptok | 3/15/2016 |




JEWELS UPON THE GROUND

Often I wake up in the distant still
With all my emotions scattered around
Something in me is almost fascinated
Looking at all these jewels upon the ground
I want to soak in all the happiness
Dip my toes in all the pain
Run upon the bristling wind
This overwhelming feeling I can’t explain
So I dip my pen forever deep
Stroke the paper with enchanted words
Ones that speak from my deepest heart
That once and for all must be heard
So I begin to sing till I want to cry
Like the morning dew in spring
When I reach out to complete
Some connection that this brings
I want to be up on the stage
Maybe acting is just a mask
For somewhere deep within
Is some gem my soul does lack
But to share is to survive
To create is to give
So I sweep these jewels from upon the ground
The purest of my being is what I give






REMEMBER MY NAME FOREVER

Remember my name forever
Beyond this faded fragile rose
Past these blinding waves of sorrow
Your anguished heart now holds
I was sent to dry your tears
From the garden of lasting peace
But this dew upon these petals
Never seems to cease
Let me be the memory of a whisper
The awakening in the trees
The tail of a kite that’s flying
Whirling around so free
Just remember my name forever
Past this faded fragile rose
Please remember my name forever
Beyond the garden of the rose
The dew upon the petals
Your troubled hearts still holds
Please give me the strength oh Lord
To take you by the hand
To start you on your journey
I hope you can understand
Let me be the memory of a whisper
The awakening in the trees
A feeling that you feel
Wondering if it could be me
Just remember my name forever
Past this faded fragile rose
Just remember my name forever
Past this faded fragile rose






RECOLLECTIONS OF MY HEART

The recollections of my heart
Such keepsakes outlasting all time
Fragrant with love throughout the years
Precious gifts like sealed wine
Scented voices that sing
Among fine green blades of grass
Blossoms murmuring whispers
Sheltered from yonder past
Waving in the winds of my youth
Branches towering out with pride
Visions of childhood dreams
When I would dance and hide
From the clearness of a brook
To promises made in the shade
The bridge that crosses the ages
Time madly rushing away
Now I close my eyes
To relive in the reminiscences of a song
That captures my heart’s yearning
Of the wildflowers for which I long

By Mary L. Palermo

Copyright January 2016

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.