>

SULAGNA DUTTA.

SongSoptok | 8/10/2014 |
 

OBLIVION AND OTHER POEMS



OBLIVION

Don't Know If I have an enemy,
Don't Know If I have a friend,
If I don't Know who are they,
If I don't start before it end...
When is the Night Falling?
When are the Days Gone?
Don't Know If I have an enemy,
Don't Know when the Days will dawn....
If I have a handful gold,
If I have a Starving Mouth,
Don't Know If I Have a friend,
Don't Know If its north or south...
If Miles of Road is yet to go,
If Million Hearts are Yet to know,
When I have started, It ends before,
Who are gone, If I am no more.
-------------------------------------------

BEHIND THE CAPTURE

The shutter closes,
and captures the moments,
I grow old capturing my life
throw the lenses and the display...

I focus on trees,
I focus on leaves,
I focus on sky,
I focus on time,
and tides,
and birds flying by.

I capture youth,
I capture senescence,
I capture death...

I treasure love,
smiling faces,
tear on cheeks,
happiness in eyes,
expectations in heart.
and I shall continue till
I depart...

But I forget
Myself.
The man behind the camera
I get neglected...
and forgotten...

I AM IMMORTAL,
I LIVE IN MY WORKS,
I LIVE WITH THE CAPTURES OF MY LIFE.

I am the one BEHIND THE CAPTURE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------


LONE TRAVELLER

I Walk Alone

If I go to pray in the church I don't dress like a widow,
All the way from my small flat,
I travel alone.

I am a retired teacher,
Old, yet living for myself.

I have a car of my own,
I am too old to drive a car,
So I kept a driver who drives me twice a day... here and there;
I travel alone.

I have sons to call me mother,
I have grandchildren to play with,
I have lots of memories to cherish and perish,
and when I feel lonely...
I don't give a scope to my heart to cry.
I live for myself,
I smile for myself,
I take long drives...
I travel alone.

I keep my purse always with me,
I fear of taking loans,
I meet people and try to love them.
I love to talk so I have two phones in my flat.

And when I am short of words
I lie down on my bed to relax...
to give time to myself,
to brood over,
to think about...
All memories which makes me cherish and perish...
With all the way down the memory lane.

I travel alone.


[INSPIRED BY A MESMERIZING LADY WHOM I MET IN THE COURSE OF TIME...
WOULD LIKE TO MEET HER ONCE AGAIN.]







Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.