>

KENNETH NORMAN COOK

SongSoptok | 9/15/2015 |




THE WELCOME

Thin beams of sparse sun
fall through thick green
pine trees and spill onto the
brown needle covered floor of
a dark forest in pale golden
stripes, as a tiny spotted fawn
is groomed into the world by
her mother’s gently bathing
tongue, while the tall woods
sing out a wild welcome with
an unseen chorus of haunting
hoots and ominous howls.


THE LIGHTHOUSE 

I cast my
lighted eyes
out across
the bay
ever watchful,
while the wind
hurls the white
foamy waves
crashing into
my eternal tower
of stone.
For out upon
the raging sea
there is a ship
being tossed
among the rocks
and being lured
to harbors
of pending doom
and false hopes.
I spread my
arms of light
out over
the ocean,
for she
will return one day,
here to
my safe harbor
and my eternal tower
of solid rock.

SHE

She moves through the air
like a cloud across the moon,
throwing a cool dark shadow
onto the silvered trees and
bathing the gently illumined
grass with the soft breath of
sweet jasmine, while my eyes
bask in the tender movement
of her ivory limbs and my lips
tremble with sugary desire for
her warm moist ruby mouth.

[KENNETH NORMAN COOK]


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.