>

PUPU BMUKHERJEE.

SongSoptok | 10/10/2014 |

DOODLES AND OTHER POEMS



DOODLES

pictures we make,
of different hues
to fill up the pages 
of each life's books.

we sketch and tell
the stories of drama
of thrill and romance
just for the heck of it.

we hate blank pages
so, fill them up,
making up situations
melodramatic, colorful.

knowing definitely
at the back of our minds
these are all bogus,
nothing counts.

this debate over Anna,
these arguments over food,
these heated converse
about choices of dress.

all crap, bullshit.
will it matter tomorrow?
ten years from now?
when we will be no more?

these are all made up moments.
to fill up pages.
to fill blank pages
with scribbles and sketches

just doodling on.......
3temple

the poison of hemlok
he wanted to feed me,
disguised cleverly in




TEMPLE

the poison of hemlok
he wanted to feed me,
disguised cleverly in
a goblet of gold.
he waited with patience
to see me turn blue
and writh in pain,
in terror ,and fright.

he did not know, I  knew
it was vile,
he could not guess ; I
knew his fatal wish-
my temple of stone
was cold to touch.
it resisted burn, it
resisted hurt.

there, in front of the
crystal lamp
I placed my poison, my
passions pure-
and drank it all.
in one breath through.
I poured , let down my
throat it fall.

it became so cool,
it became so soft.
he never realised
the strength of love.
it turned the pain
to nectar mild,
as sweet as wine
it filled my womb.

I gained my strength
got up and smiled.
the crowd first whispered
then cheered and cheered
and he just gaped in surprise
like a fool
he,who never learned
to pay homage to love.   
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif





Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.