>

DEBORAH ANN PALMER

SongSoptok | 7/15/2015 |




Vermillion
Minions Blood dice

Chasuble and Chalice
Shall hold forth no malice
until that great day when the dragon lies
slain by his excellent silver sword.
Cries for help often go unanswered
condemning lost souls to the noisy desperation of
unmarked graves.
T’is useless to summon the gods of war
as other battles take precedence
Yours is a wailing that echoes throughout time
over the crooks and valleys of a deserted land
waiting for a legion that shall never arrive
Prisoners paraded boils and pockmarked stigmata
marching towards the land of Shades
Neither in this world or fully in the next one.
Twilight evermore………………
I fell upon my sweet sweet sword when I heard the dirge
emerge.
Once I was a Queen my brilliant vivid ruby red velvet purple blue
robes now tattered with scorn…
Now Empress of the dung heap. A loathsome swollen twisted
disfigured mass of fuming flesh aching for renewal while
another round of spittle hits the mark
Badly mangled I creep towards a salvation always just out of reach.
Crimson runs rampant along it’s craggy shores.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Illusion of the Oasis
June 15, 2015

The rich spit upon the poor
telling them it is nectar from the gods.
Downtrodden souls gather at the feast
waiting for crumbs that are snatched away
from their outstretched hands mid-grasp.
Turned away from the billionaire festival
we can only gaze with hungry eyes
and swollen bellies
never to know paradise
until gathered to Abraham’s bosom.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The Rain Soaked Mirror
June 14, 2015

The sky is crying
Heaven is weeping
for the loss of all that is good in this world
I looked in the mirror to rearrange my countenance
and saw the Grim Reaper staring back at me
Waiting to take my immortal soul.
I stepped into the mirror and took his hand
Vowing to find the peace not given to me in this
Temporal World.


--
DEBORAH ANN PALMER
PROVERBS 31: 10-30
ESPIRITU EN FUEGO
Copyright DeBorah Ann Palmer 2015


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.