>

OLA ADELAJA RIDWAN

SongSoptok | 5/15/2015 |



A FERRY MAN AND A FRIENDLY MAN

LET ME be a ferry man
Who takes people to place’
Let me be a ferry man
Who knows the route and trace.

Let-me-be-Lord-let-me-be…
That I may be a mace!

Let me be a friendly man
Whom every man embrace’
Let me be a friendly man
Whose love transcends all race.

LET-ME-be-Lord-let-me-be…
I want such glorious grace!

PHANTOM WISHES

  WHAT                          if   we
 love another?               And      live   
beneath a   roof?       What if you be    
my    shoulder? And I,  your helping
hoof?     What     if     we    forgive
another?     And  forget  about
the wrongs?       What if we
erase the borders? And
sing a common
song?

WHAT                          if  we
bury    our                    bombs and
guns?   And  let             thunders be the
only   noise?  What       if we  slay  violence
and crime? And   embrace   virtues  tight?
What if we see ourselves as one? And make
ADAM   our   father-name?   What  if  we
Behave  like clustered  bees? And hum
around at once? WHAT if we build
a giant desk? And sit to discuss
progress? What if we begin
from      now       on?
And     continue
f-o-r-e-v-e-r
more?

[OLA  ADELAJA RIDWAN]


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.