>

SHARON ANSAY VILLAVERDE

SongSoptok | 5/15/2015 |




NOCTURNAL’S ELUSIVE DREAM

White ceiling, bright lights
Trying to figure out
Where is sleep all through the night
The moon is setting at the horizon
But my eyes are still awake and mind is lost
Playing hide and seek with the voices of my inner thoughts
Pen and paper, coffee and music
My constant companions
Making me feel better
Every time I am in despair.

Looking at my empty bed
Though my body is tired
Voices keep on whispering from within
A futile resistance against the waking darkness
I count stars, turn my bed upside down
I search for dreams frantically
But I fall into desperation.



You're so elusive and always there
It's been a decade and I can no longer bear
My heart is riddled with sorrow and grief
Looking for answers which I cannot fathom
With these thoughts my tears flow
Why dreams you're so elusive?

Lying in bed awake
Memoir of the happiness, frustrations and despair
For regrets come hunting and loathing
A strange place to live in
I can't get to sleep tonight
I try to count the stars, pray hard
Thinking of happy dreams that will never come
To the places I wanted to go

I don't know why sleep is so elusive
But I sleep just fine while waiting for my turn
Just fine riding in a bus
Or just fine at work
But dreams are so elusive
For this nocturnal muse.


LIFE IS A DANCE

Life is a dance
In the game of chance
Moving backward or forward
Bend or hind in a solid ground

Passion is life
As long as your heart desire
The fondness and affection
Vigour and ardour of emotion

Taking control
Moving in a trance
Rhythm and style as the music played
Own the stage, trip the light fantastic

Life is a dance
Making a journey in the limelight of chance
Get up, rise stand or fall
Life is a game of circumstance
We all played a chance’s once arm

Ice Fortress

To depart from accustomed ways
Pulling away with a burst of speed
Decades of deprived liberty
A captive of my destiny

You were once my paramount chief
A checker that has been crowned
One's that hold a preeminent position
Unto the battleground I fought but had'nt won

You were my czar, hiding in king lions lares
And  build a monarchy
Like a sham travesty
Antithesis of paradoxical fantasy

Delusive appearance of affinity
Phantasm of memory
A trance or ectasy or revelation
Breaking one's heart was the only option

In the silence I hide violence
a narcissistic lover berate my existence
I seek refuge in melancholy
and sang often of lamentation

I feel the need to be carefree
Not living in a nightmare
In the darkness of my soul
In a bridewell caged and vituperated

The chamber is intensely cold
Lacking warmth or ardor
Apathy, impassive and frigid
Feeling numb and insensible

I can’t freeze the time
But I can feel the moment
Letting go, break me free
Unto the bastion of ice fortress

          [©SHARON ANSAY VILLAVERDE]





Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.